What’s In My Bag: Philofaxy NYC Meet Up Day!

It seems like so long ago that we started planning for this adventure, and when we chose today as the date, it seemed so far away. Yet, here we are, looking down the barrel of our first-ever New York City Philofaxy meet up. I can’t tell you how excited I am! Ever since Steve and Laurie met in London to discuss all things Filofax, and especially since the first official London meet up, I have wanted to do hold one here in the US. I did engage in a small meet up in New Hampshire last October with Yvotchka, but I don’t know how official the shopping can be in a store that sells Filofax with leather chaps and children’s tutus. Unfortunately, Yvotchka will not be attending today’s event, and she will be sorely missed.

My first official business for today’s trip was to prepare my bag, which I did last night. So what am I bringing to show the group today?

I have stuffed my Timbuk2 Eula tote with three different binders.

First, I have my Happiness Binder, a personal Jade Finchley. A few people seem rather interested in what I have in here, so I thought I’d show it in person. Also, since the Jade Finchley is no longer available in the US, I thought some people might like to see the lovely green of this binder. And, it’s a Finchley, one of the best binders Filofax makes, in my opinion.

Second, I have my personal Ochre Malden, given so kindly to me because it has a minor scratch on it. Another Philofaxy reader had ordered the Ochre, it arrived damaged, and so Filofax sent her a replacement, leaving her with two Ochre Maldens. I happen to be lucky enough to have scored the damaged one (the damage is slight, so I don’t even notice it). This binder is not yet in use, so unfortunately, I have no pictures of it. This will be remedied in the near future, however. I am bringing this to show the difference in the leather between the Ochre and the black Maldens.

Finally, I have my newly updated black personal Malden. It still needs some tweaking, but it’s in presentable form at least. I’m sure people will be shocked to see him and out about after his last debacle almost a month ago. I have a feeling that today, Malden will be embarking on another special adventure…

Comments