2011 Archived

Now that we’re well into 2012, I have moved all of my 2011 items to the archives.  My archival system hasn’t changed that much since last blogging about it.  I still put the old diary inserts in my archival box.



The difference between this year and past years is that I’m not keeping the previous year’s diary in a binder.  That’s what I did last year (you can read more about it by clicking on the link above).  Since I used the Filofax two-pages-per-day this year, there was no way I was going to be able to put all of my 2011 diary inserts into one binder together.



You can see how big the stack is.  This pile contains the month-on-two-pages layout, the week-on-two-pages (lined) layout, and the two-pages-per-day layout.  It doesn’t look that big until you compare it with the first archived pile I have from 2009 which contains only the month-on-two-pages and week-on-two-pages layouts.



Hopefully, the height of my 2012 inserts will fall somewhere in between—I am no longer using the weekly layout and I have switched to the one-day-per-page layout.  You can read more about it here.

Obviously, using the compact, I cannot fit an entire year’s worth of diary inserts into the binder.  I have six month’s worth of the monthly pages and three month’s worth of the daily pages.  Everything else is being held in my personal Ochre Malden.




When one month ends, I remove the oldest month from the compact and replace it with the newest month.  The old month gets stored once again in the Ochre Malden.  Come July when I order the 2013 inserts, the first half of 2012 will get moved to the archive box as well as the second half of 2013.  At that point though, I may change my mind and use one of my empty binders for all of the 2013 inserts.  Who knows what the future holds…

I am very much in love with my Compact Regency.  My current layout is working very well for me.  The one hiccup is that the Filofax day-per-page layout does not give Saturday and Sunday equal space that it gives to the rest of the week.  I know this has been a common complaint for so long, and why Filofax does not address this issue is beyond me.  It seems that they’re still stuck with the idea that Filos are generally used for business purposes, where the bulk of someone’s activities fall between the hours of 9 to 5 on weekdays only.  I may have my own solution for this but I cannot reveal what that might be until I know for sure if it will work or not.

Until next time…

Comments

  1. Aargh! I hate the shortened Sat/Sun. I got the 2ppd this year, and I was excited thinking, "Maybe you actually get the WHOLE day!" WRONG--As you know, Filofax found a way to screw people out of weekend goodness--BUT at least you get a whole page--so better than the dailies.
    Ugh! WHY don't they listen???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it either. You'd think they'd want to listen to their most avid fans/users. But they don't seem to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment