Bento Storage: A Product Review

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Target and happened upon a great organizing solution.  It’s a storage box that allows you to configure the inside of the box to keep certain items together.  I was not in need of a storage box by any means, but once I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

At first glance, it’s just a storage box, like so many I have seen before.  Its outside is made of a durable canvas material.



They come in an array of sizes and styles.  But what makes this box different from all the rest is its interior.




Again, at first glance, nothing spectacular.  But, if you look closely, you’ll see a swatch of material in each corner.  Upon further inspection, I came to realize that these swatches are bendable, allowing you to configure the box as you see fit in order to secure your items inside.

Here’s one corner flipped out, while the other three are still tucked in:




Here it is with all four corners flipped out:




At first I had no idea what I would use this box for, but surely I could find some use.  And you know me—I did!  It was the perfect solution for my lotion collection.




I have one corner flipped out to hold my small bottles of face lotion, while the other three corners are bent in to create a large area for all of the big bottles of body lotion.




It’s hard to see from the picture because it’s so dark, but rest assured, I have one of the corner swatches flipped outward.  It works wonders for keeping the smaller bottles separate from the larger bottles, which often knock the small bottles over.  I no longer have a difficult time with the smaller bottles standing up.

Hopefully I will find additional uses for the other styles, colors, and sizes of these boxes.  They are Bento Storage Boxes from Rubbermaid.  Click here to see all of the colors and styles available.

Happy organizing!

**NOTE: I am not affiliated with or getting kickbacks from Rubbermaid. 
I just happened upon this product and like it very much.**

Comments

  1. Nice one but how awesome would this box be to hold spare Filofax inserts! You could put A5 size in the middle and personal and pocket in the corners. Would it be big enough for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular box wouldn't be great for Filofax inserts. The square boxes in the corners are too small for anything other than jot pads probably. And if each corner piece is pulled out, the main part of the box isn't really big enough for pages. However, maybe one of the other styles would be good. I don't know if you could keep different size diary pages in one box (personal and a5) but you might be able to do one size of the inserts and accessories like stickers or other small items. I hadn't thought of that, so I may have to look into it. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete

Post a Comment