Christmas Survey

It’s Christmas Eve and I have so much to do. But I’m procrastinating getting done all the wrapping, cooking and cleaning that lies ahead of me, listed very neatly in my Filofax. While catching up on today’s posts, I came across this little Christmas Survey on Shazza’s Blog. So at the risk of putting off my chores a little longer, here are my answers:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Either, depending on the gift. I prefer to wrap but sometimes the gift fits better in a bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer a real tree but have an artificial one – it’s cleaner and cheaper in the long run. Plus, we decorate so early (see below) that the tree would be wilted by the time Christmas Day arrives.

3. When do you put up the tree? The day or weekend right after Thanksgiving (so, usually the last weekend in November).

4. When do you take the tree down? The weekend of or right after New Year’s Day depending on how it falls.

5. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t know that it was my favorite toy of all time, but I remember getting an Annie doll stroller one year. It played “Tomorrow” when you pushed it. I made my father put it together right away because I couldn’t wait to use it!

6. Hardest person to buy for? My husband (too)

7. Easiest person to buy for? Me – I always get myself a little something for Christmas. Why not?

8. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail – since my husband and I got a cat, his picture has been on the card every year. Everyone says, “It’s not Christmas until Winston’s picture is on the refrigerator.”

9. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas is my favorite “Christmas movie,” but my favorite movie of all time is Love Actually, which is technically a Christmas film. For an explanation, see here.

10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I’ll start making lists whenever I get the first idea. I’m always hopeful that I’ll start my shopping in September or October, but that rarely happens, and I find myself struggling to finish a week or so before Christmas.

11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have donated items to our church’s thrift store but never have I given a gift given to me to someone else.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Egg nog! It’s the only time of year I allow myself to have it.

13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? All lights are always white and not blinking.

14. Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night"

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel the day after Christmas to see my extended family.

16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Angel

17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, always, with the exception of a new Christmas tree ornament, which is always opened on Christmas Eve.

18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The way people get crazed with buying things, expensive things at that. It’s not the point of Christmas at all.

19. What do you want for Christmas this year? Good health, calm, and happiness. =)

20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Traditional red and green.

To all who celebrate, have a very merry and blessed Christmas!

Comments